As the summer heat arrives across Germany, here is a list of start-ups which will help you get through it… well, at least make it more enjoyable.
(2) Naturtrip.org will help you find your goal. You just enter your starting point and choose an activity and travel time. The resulting page will show you suggestions and the relevant public transport connections.
(3) For adrenaline junkies then Mellow boards is probably the right thing. The electro-drive can be retrofitted to most skateboards and can reach speeds of 40 km/h.
(4) To beat the heat, at Zizoo you can rent boats in different countries and, if you don’t have a licence you can also book a skipper. The startup is located in Berlin, Vienna and Zagreb.
(5) Ice cream (or, Eis) is a must on summer days. In Berling Woop Woop Icecream is producing unique ice cream using liquid nitrogen. Using this method, a customer requested ice cream can be produced fresh, on the spot.
(6) If you’re really ambitious, you can also make your own ice cream. Springlane, the online kitchen accessories shop, sells its own ice machine for use at home. The also have an extensive list of recipes if you need inspiration.
(7) Perhaps because of the wide availability of great beer in Germany, the country has been well behind other places in terms of homebrew kits. This has changed, however, with the kits available from Braufässchen. Fermentation time is only one week after which the beer can be tapped directly from the barrel.